Monday, January 24, 2011

..... Here we go....

So it's FINALLY here!! Monday Jan 17th, I started my injections. I started off with Follistem & Repronex! I honestly was terrified! I HATE shots! I didn't know how on earth I was going to be able to do this. Thank goodness for Dustin and him having NO fear! He actually admitted yest, that he liked doing the shots! haha, Of course he would! So summary so far....Day 1 - Eh not so bad! After I stopped laughing Dust did the injections and it wasn't as bad as I pictured! Day 2-3 Ok also, minus the fact at this point I had a constant headache, that I just couldn't get rid of, nothing helped! Day 4 - u/s no progress :( but they said it's normal, especially with PCOS, they just like to watch and make sure. Day 5- I added another injection Cetrotide to the mix. Not to bad, I'm just tender on my belly where all the shots have been, and bruised, headache still there :( Day 6 - Woke up feeling re-freshed, no headache!! Wahoo. Day 7 - continued Day 8 - next u/s Still not to much progress, I still have a gazzillion follicles, and the biggest is only a 10. So tonight I up my dose of Follistem, and return tomorrow morning for another u/s.... So that's my progress so far, Keeping my head high.. They said that having PCOS it can take a little longer to get the follicles ready... Hoping that things progess....

2 comments:

Josh and Megan said...

wow....dear! O my goodness! I seriously am keeping my fingers crossed for you! I love you sister!

Brad and Kristi said...

Thanks for the update, keep them coming. I think of you often, good luck!